Glen Elgin Distillery
Elgin Valley / Tal des Elgin
1898 by William Simpson & James Carle
1,830,000 litres / year
The distillery changed hands 7 times in the first five years after being built
Elgin comes from an ancient word for 'Little Ireland'
Used 'balanced distillation' in which the wash is distributed over all three wash stills and the low wines are distributed from each wash still to two of the three spirit stills
One of the extended classic malts series